Many people want to visit California and more specifically, many individuals put L.A. high on their bucket list of places to see. Whether you’re checking out RV rentals for a road trip to L.A. or you’re going to fly on, you want to make sure to prepare to see the most important spots in the city.
There is a reason why L.A. sees many visitors from all over the world. Some arrive in RV rentals, others on international or national flights, while others road trip in their car. However you arrive to L.A., you’ll discover just how uniquely special this city really is.
To help you plan a fun and memorable visit, we have compiled what many consider to be the best tourist spots in the city. Rest assured that there are many more but these following spots just happen to be our favorites. Take a look:
- Visit Santa Monica Pier. If you’re the kind of traveler who loves to take pictures of hot spots in the places that you visit, make sure to visit Santa Monica Pier. If you visit during the sunset, expect to capture an iconic picture of the Ferris Wheel. There are also arcades, pubs, restaurants, and stores to visit in the area. This is an especially fun destination to visit with your little ones.
- Go to Universal Studios Hollywood. If you’re traveling with your friends or family, you’ll want to take some time to have some fun. A great spot that you should visit is Universal Studios Hollywood. From the rides to the shows, there is plenty to do and see, and is certainly an iconic experience to have while visiting L.A.
- Check out the Griffith Observatory. A visit to the Griffith Observatory is a must. Not only is it set in a great location with fascinating views of the city but it’s also a great place to go if you want to see planetarium shows and enjoy the exhibitions.
- Hang out at Venice Beach. Do you want to enjoy some beach time while in the city? Head to the most iconic beach around. Venice Beach has been a backdrop in many movies, a place where the locals go to get their tan without having to travel too far, and where visitors flock towards to enjoy some time in the sun. From sculptures and paintings, to shops that line the boardwalk, to restaurants and bars, there is something for every type of visitor that visit Venice Beach.
- Visit The Getty Center. If you’re into art and views, combine the two with a visit to the Getty Center. Located on the top of a hill, you’ll be able to enjoy views of the city. Even better, when you go inside the center, you’ll also be able to enjoy some historic paintings.
- Go Shopping on Rodeo Drive. As one of the most famous places to shop in the world, you may want to visit Rodeo Drive while in the city. While you may not be able to afford the prices at the stores (don’t worry, we can’t either), it’s still a fascinating place to visit. Not only is it full of amazing stores and restaurants, it also has a great cobblestone walking street for you to leisurely walk through as you admire the “rich and famous.”
These are certainly our favorite places to visit while in the city but there are many more touristic spots that people like to visit. From Disneyland Resort to the California Science Center, there are several places that one could visit but if you have limited time to work with for your trip, prioritize the above-mentioned places.
There are also many famous restaurants in Los Angeles, so if you’re a foodie, you may want to make them a priority as well. For example, Din Tai Fung and Sqirl are two such places that you may want to visit while in the city. Just make sure to make a reservation in advance, as these places are high on many people’s must-visit restaurant list.
Los Angeles is full of so many iconic places to visit, it can be hard to decide where you should go. The good news is that you don’t have to go to every single place that is suggested but the bad news is that Los Angeles really does have a lot of must-see places.
If you’re planning on visiting the city of the stars, you may want to make sure that you have plenty of time to spend here. If your budget allows for it, you can be sure to stay busy for days on end.
Have you been dreaming about visiting Los Angeles? While you may want to prepare yourself for the traffic, especially if you’re checking out RV rentals for your trip, it’s a trip that you won’t soon forget.